Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a boy!!!!

That's right! I'm pregnant! We found out last week (March 16) that we are expecting a boy!!! Yay! I really wanted to let everyone guess before I went in, but I didn't know I would be finding out the gender at such an early appointment. I was shocked we were able to tell when I was only 15 and 1/2 weeks. With Lucy I didn't have an ultrasound until 21 weeks. I guess the ultrasound tech for my Doctor is one of the best and has really state of the art equipment. Right now I am almost 17 weeks and due on September 8. The doctor told me according to the ultrasound that the due date was September 4, but that is Lucy's birthday, so I think we will stick with the 8th. It's always plus or minus 10 days anyway so there is no need to change it!

Here is what Lucy predicted:

About a week before my ultrasound I was talking to Lucy about the baby. I asked her if she was excited to be a big sister. She answered as if she already knew what was going on, "I am going to have a baby brother?" I explained that we didn't know if she would have a little brother or a little sister yet. Then she requested "How 'bout a sister."

After the Ultrasound:

I got home from the ultrasound just as Lucy was waking up from her nap (my mom watched her while I was gone). At first she was sad, because I told her she could play with Mommo when she woke up from her nap. She told me "Leave Mommy. I want to have fun with Mommo." After I got her settled I told her she was going to have a little brother. She said "I want a sister" and rolled her eyes at me. I cheered her up by telling her that I had a little brother who is now Uncle Brian. I told her how much fun it was to play with him when I was little. Then she replied "Okay. I have a little brother. I want a big sister." She is so funny! I love her little opinions.

I am really happy and starting to feel good again. The last couple months were rough, but not as rough as with Lucy. I haven't actually gotten sick too much, just kind of constantly nauseated, whereas with Lucy I couldn't even count how many times I got sick. I haven't gained any weight yet, but with Lucy I had lost about 10 pounds by this point, so I am really glad! I am so happy that food is becoming appealing again!

I really wanted to post the ultrasound pictures, but Dave felt like that would embarrass the poor boy later in life. I guess a man's got to keep his pride, even if he is only 16 weeks. I didn't feel like an ultrasound picture was too detailed to worry about that kind of thing, but I am not a guy so I decided to let Dave make this call. Oh well, ultrasound picture are really the the type of thing that are only exciting to the parents anyway.

I am pretty sure I felt a few small kicks 2 nights ago, so that was really exciting! I actually just had my first real Doctor appointment today, where I was able to hear the heartbeat and everything. The ultrasound tech picked it up for me when I told him I hadn't heard it yet, but I guess today's was official.

Lucy had a Doctors appointment on Friday. They had to take her blood and give her 6 shots (3 in each leg). We did a lot of shots before we left for Korea, but she was only eleven months and the state requires that they happen after 12 months. I actually knew that when we had her shots at 11 months, but I didn't want to go to Korea without her updated on her shots. I guess I had hoped they would overlook it, but they didn't. So they had to redo them. Sad, huh? She hobbled around like a duck on Saturday. She seemed really sore.

Her appointment was really funny actually. It was nap time and after they took her blood we had to wait a while for the doctor. Lucy fell asleep on the table. The Doctor did her whole check up while she was sleeping. Then they gave her shots. Poor girl, what a miserable way to wake up! I got some pictures of her sleeping on the table. They are on my phone. I will have to see if I can post them. She weighed 28 lbs and measured 34 inches. That put her in the 25 percentile. I'll be honest it kind of made me sad because when she was a baby she was always in the 90th percentile, but I think she was set back a little after she was hospitalized in Korea.

Well, I'm sure that's quite enough to read. I'll try to keep you updated about the baby and post my tummy when I start showing!

12 comments:

Just Us said...

CONGRATS!! I'm excited for you!! They will be best buds!

Monica McCoy said...

YAY YAY YAY! I am so excited for you guys. A boy and a girl now. How perfect. Amy names???

Maddie said...

yay!! congrats! I'm so excited for you!

The Daines said...

Yay! We couldn't be more excited for you! Since we already betrothed Cooper and Lucy, I think it's only fair that we betroth our little July girl with your little September boy. Whaddya think?

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats! Life with 2 kids is WILD!!!

TC, Ashley said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you. I hear boys are a lot of fun!

Malerie said...

aw, you will love having a boy! we are only 4 weeks apart! Maybe if you're super late and I'm way early we can have twinner babies:)

I 'm so excited for you! He will be adorable!

Miranda said...

That is so awesome!!! I was just musing about whether or not Lucy would have a sibling anytime soon guess I was on the right track :) We're so excited for you!

Lani Poppleton said...

Lucy is gonna be such a darling big sister!

Jenni said...

That's so exciting! You'll LOVE boys!

M-L said...

Boys are great! and fun Lucy will love her little brother. Congratulations!

Richelle Johnson said...

Congrats Wendy!

Thanks for Visiting!

Thanks for Visiting!
Lucy Says: Come again soon...